Enterprise messaging corner – the future of work
Cisco – The Future of Work
Next week, Cisco is showcasing
Josh Reola, Cisco Webex Innovation Business Development Manager, posted on the Webex blog to preview the event and inform partners of the Cisco demos and innovations.
Mio will be attending to demonstrate interoperability between Cisco Webex Teams, Microsoft Teams and Slack.
Other partners demos will include:
- LG – World’s best-selling brand for OLED TVs
- Appspace – Digital Signage and Room Booking
- Vyopta – Collaboration Monitoring and Analytics
- Disruptive Technologies – World’s smallest IOT sensor
- Voicea – AI enabled voice first and note-taking assistant
- Phunware – Location Based Services, API & SDK’s
- Room Ready – Boutique Cisco Video & A/V integrator for Nike and other major companies
If you haven’t yet registered for The Future of Work Experience Center, you can do so by following this link.
- New calendar views: Day, Work Week and Week
- Move back or forward to see past or future meetings
- Join, RSVP, Edit and Cancel from the right-click menu
- Notifications when meeting participants joins online
- Exchange settings for working hours and working days of the week replicated in calendar
- Schedule events without adding any attendees in the Teams scheduling form
- Edit non-Teams meetings via Teams
David Groom, Program Manager for Skype for Business, posted a short bulletin on the Microsoft Teams blog. He informed readers that Microsoft Teams Rooms update 22.214.171.124 is ready to go live.
Updates in this release include:
- Removed casting icon from Front-of-Room display when Bluetooth is disabled
- Resolved volume issue that occurs on Microsoft Teams Rooms in Teams meeting mode
Things seemed to have quietened down at Slack. It feels like a calm before the storm as we await news of their direct listing.
Their blog this week featured a guest appearance by Atomic Habits author, James Clear, who shares his thoughts on building good habits – in both work and home life. The insights he shares are extremely relevant to building a good product too – perhaps he was on the advisory board as Slack built their product?
It’s so important to develop good habits in your working life, especially when it comes to enterprise messaging use. It’s easy to get suckered into the multiple array of apps, channels and DMs given the choice in the market.
If you suffer from constant app overload or feel overwhelmed by
On the Mio blog this week, I posted some resources to help get businesses
If you’re already using Microsoft Teams, we also shared 4 ways you can connect Microsoft Teams to Cisco Webex. Both Microsoft and Cisco recognize the need for integration and interoperability. More and more ways are appearing so check out that post if you have Webex or Webex Teams functionality you’d like to see in Microsoft Teams.
Existing Mio customers, don’t miss Meredith’s product updates post. She previews what’s coming in Mio v3 – not to be missed!