Collaboration events calendar for 2019 [Updated]
Collaboration events play a huge part in the collaboration and messaging arena. Despite the enablement of remote working and dispersed teams, sometimes you can’t find better than a good old-fashioned get together.
Below is a list of key collaboration events in the calendar where Mio will be either exhibiting or attending.
Collaboration events June
Cisco Live June 9th – 13th
The Cisco Live series is Cisco’s annual conference delivered to each continent. This version hits San Diego to showcase everything Cisco that can empower your business through the world of digital communications.
Cisco Live connects partners, prospects
Amy Chang’s headline keynote revealed how unified experiences and cognitive collaboration are helping teams work smarter and faster. Included in this was a video showcasing the numerous integrations the Cisco Collab team has launched to make Amy’s vision a reality:
- Office 365 + Webex
- Webex + iOS
- Webex + Google Cloud
- Slack + Webex (made possible by Mio!)
To support Webex Teams integration with Slack, Cisco customers can leverage Mio’s Slack interoperability with Webex Teams, so employees can chat no matter which tools they’re using.
Collaboration events July
Microsoft Inspire July 14th – 18th
Hosted in party central Las Vegas, Microsoft Inspire is where partners meet to connect, collaborate and celebrate as one community.
Full of keynotes and Microsoft seminars, Inspire is the perfect place to network with Microsoft professionals and learn what’s new and what’s coming in the Microsoft stack – direct from Microsoft executives.
Hear from existing customers to see how Microsoft is transforming enterprises across the globe and find out who is crowned Microsoft partner of the year for 2019.
Collaboration events October
Spec is the Slack conference for developers. Set in San Francisco, Spec, attendees can expect:
- Ways your peers at companies around the world are solving similar problems for their teams
- Design skills to make your app shine—and get used
- Learning how Slack engineers build Slack
Speakers include Brian Elliott, VP and GM of Platform at Slack, Sarah Franklin, EVP and GM of Trailhead and Developer Relations at Salesforce, and Ellie Powers, Director of Product at Slack – and more to be announced soon!
Collaboration events November
Microsoft Ignite November 4th – 8th
With 25,000 attendees, 1000+ sessions and 200+ hands-on experiences, Microsoft Ignite is set to be one of the biggest collaboration events of the year.
On Monday, expect to hear from Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella and other visionaries to kick off the week. The day then breaks up into various technology tracks and breakout sessions.
The trickiest part of Microsoft Ignite will be finding the time to slot in all the fantastic sessions.
Where we’ve already been this year
Collaboration SEVT February 24th – 28th
This intimate Cisco
Based in San Jose, Collaboration SEVT saw Mio VP of Product, Jacob Ross and Director of Customer Sucess, Frank Geck showcase our Cisco Webex Teams <> Slack interoperability during the Monday night reception.
Collaboration events March
The Future of Work Experience Center @ Capital Factory March 11th – 13th
During SXSW, The Future of Work Experience Center was innovative, world-class effort to showcase Austin tech startups, Cisco Webex technologies, and other disruptive hardware and software startups that help improve human workflows using AI.
We attended and demonstrated our Slack, Microsoft Teams and Cisco Webex Teams interoperability platform and hosted a messaging mixer dinner.
Cisco also had a large presence and showcased these new items:
- Cisco Room Kit Mini – the world’s 1st AI enabled codec and USB devices
- Webex Board 70″ – a touch screen enabled collaboration, whiteboarding and presentation sharing device
- Cisco Webex Meetings, Teams, and Devices (Pro & Plus) – The Gartner Magic Quadrant leader for Meeting Solutions
- Cisco Meraki – cloud-based networking and wireless devices
- Kinetic- connect distributed IOT devices to the network, and then extract, normalize, and securely move data from those devices to distributed applications
Enterprise Connect March 18th – 21st
We are immensely happy to announce that we were awarded the Best Innovation for Collaboration award at Enterprise Connect 2019! We’d also like to give a big shout out to Microsoft who was also nominated for the Best Innovation for Collaboration award with their front line workers offering.
Collaboration events April
Cisco Connect Houston April 2nd
The Cisco Connect series runs across the US through the year. Our local Cisco Connect is in Houston, Texas. Cisco Connect offers leadership on Cisco’s strategic direction and partnerships direct from Cisco executives and
Slack Frontiers April 21st – 23rd
Slack’s annual conference this year featured a standout keynote from Serena Williams. Outside of sports stardom, seminars included future of work, agility in the workforce and new features announced to the product set.
New announcements from Slack included:
- Shared Channels beta in Enterprise Grid
- Workflow Builder for non-techies
- Email + Calendars + Slack
- Expanded search
This year’s conference was aligned to three tracks:
- Pathfinder: for business leaders looking to utilize Slack to drive a more agile and strategic workforce
- Opportunity: for IT admins wanting to hear more about peer level success in introducing and getting the most out of Slack
- Curiosity: aimed at developers looking for hands-on Slack demos and scenarios to better their own Slack environments
Collaboration events May
UC Expo 15th – 16th May
UC Expo kicked off in London on 15th May. Over the course of two days, UC Expo showcased the biggest brands in Unified Communications and the latest innovations in the world of business communications.
A key theme through the course of the event was interoperability between key vendors Microsoft and Cisco. We’ve reviewed the entire event here.
Comms vNext June 5th – 6th
Comms vNext is a community driven Microsoft IC/UC focused conference & exhibition. Held in Denver, Colorado, Comms vNext brings together Microsoft admins and users to share best practices, drive adoption and futureproof your Microsoft deployments.
Speakers at Comms vNext this year include:
- Heidi Gloudemans, Director of Product Marketing for Microsoft Teams
- Ilya Bukshteyn, Partner Director for Microsoft Teams Devices
- Laurie Pottmeyer, Community Lead for Microsoft Teams
- Eric Marsi, IT Specialist – Preferred Compounding
Check out Comms vNext Founder, Josh Blalock’s, video with 5 reasons you should have attended this year.
As more events get added to the collaboration calendar, we’ll update this post with our whereabouts and other events that you need to know about. If we’ve missed any or you’d like to meet up at any of these events, drop us a comment, follow us on Twitter or LinkedIn and we’ll get back to you.