How To Use The Zoom Outlook Plugin
The Zoom Outlook plugin will help you integrate your favorite video conferencing tool into your most-used email app.
As both tools are leaders in their fields, it’s only natural that you’re one of the millions who are using both Zoom and Outlook.
In this post, we cover the following items relating to the Zoom Outlook plugin:
- How do I add the Zoom plugin to Outlook?
- Is there a Zoom plugin for Outlook on Mac?
- How do I create a zoom meeting in Outlook?
- How do I update the Zoom In Outlook plugin?
- Why is my Zoom not working in Outlook?
- How to connect Zoom and Microsoft Teams
1 – How do I add the Zoom plugin to Outlook?
You can get the Zoom plugin download on the Zoom website for free. There are, however, conditions that need to be met for the installation to work properly on your device.
The following are the prerequisites for a successful Zoom plugin download and installation:
- Windows users need nothing lower than Microsoft Outlook 2010 or Outlook within Office 365, while Mac)S users need nothing lower than Microsoft Outlook 2011.
- The plugin is a 64-bit application. 32-bit system users can make use of the Outlook add-in for the desktop site.
- The plugin will not run on macOS Catalina; you’ll need macOS Mojave or higher operating systems.
Now, head over to the Download Center and download the Zoom Plugin for Microsoft Outlook. Then, follow the install wizard to complete the installation.
Next, restart Outlook, and when you open it, you will see the Zoom ribbon at the top. Schedule your meeting directly from Outlook with the ribbon whenever you want.
2 – Is there a Zoom plugin for Outlook on Mac?
Zoom has stopped the production of macOS Outlook plugins due to security concerns from Apple. Consequently, Microsoft has also removed support for injection-based plugins for Mac Outlook.
This means that using Zoom Outlook plugins for your projects is not advised anymore. And if you do find a way, it’s definitely not safe.
Microsoft has revealed a Zoom add-in as a competent replacement for the plugin, however. You can download from at AppSource and start collaborating.
3 – How do I create a Zoom meeting in Outlook?
Now that we have the plugin installed successfully, it’s time to see how to schedule a Zoom meeting in Outlook.
Here’s how to do so so, one step at a time:
- Open Outlook.
- Under Home, click Schedule a Meeting, and a settings window will appear.
- Select your preferences on the Meeting ID and Password, and video, audio, and advanced options.
- Click continue and watch the meeting information be automatically generated on the calendar.
If you’re using the Zoom for Outlook add-in, you can also add a meeting online easily as well. Here’s how:
- You can get the add-in on Microsoft Store by clicking Get it Now on the AppSource page.
- Head over to the Outlook calendar online and click New Event.
- Select More Options to expand the layout and make the Zoom ribbon visible.
- Fill in all the other details, click the ribbon, and select Add a Zoom Meeting.
- A new window to sign in to your Zoom account will open up and once you do that the meeting information is immediately configured.
- Save your meeting.
4 – How do I update the Zoom Outlook plugin?
Every now and then, Zoom releases new updates to improve on the existing versions of the plugins and you can check out what is being improved. These updates may be for simple bug fixes, new and enhanced features, or support for system types like 32-bit systems.
Since these updates will support even more user types in your team, regular checks for Zoom Outlook plugin updates are imperative. You can access the updates on the Download Centre page by clicking the Download button under Zoom Plugin For Microsoft Outlook.
Once the new update is done downloading, follow the install wizard to complete the installation. Restart Outlook if it’s already open and check to confirm that your settings are intact.
5 – Why is my Zoom not working in Outlook?
Let’s take a look at some common examples of issues that users may face with their Zoom plugin Outlook integration.
Issue 1: Zoom Outlook Plugin Greyed Out
This may occur if anyone in your team is trying to schedule meetings for another member in a shared calendar. You should confirm if the problem is from the shared calendar or the Zoom plugin.
Confirm this by trying the add-in on the Outlook webpage. If the add-in works, consider removing and re-adding the calendar.
If it does not work, then you should report the problem to Zoom support.
Issue 2: Zoom Plugin Not Showing in Mac
Due to security and stability issues, Apple has pulled support for injection-based plugins on their newer operating systems like macOS Mojave. Make use of the Zoom add-ins instead from the Microsoft Store.
Issue 3: Zoom Outlook Plugin not Working
First, confirm that your operating system and system type meet the required specifications. If all is clear, then go to Outlook calendar.
Open Outlook, and select Options under File. Click on Add-ins from the menu and at the bottom of the page, select Disabled Items from Manage, and hit Go.
Select Zoom Outlook Plugin and click Enable.
6 – How to connect Zoom and Microsoft Teams
If you’re using Outlook, there’s a high probability that you are also using Microsoft Teams.
If you’re a Teams user for messaging, files, and most video calls, but find yourself moving to Zoom to accommodate users on other platforms, there are several ways you can connect Zoom and Microsoft Teams
To find out how, check out this post literally called How To Connect Zoom and Microsoft Teams.
Our favorite – and yes we are biased because it’s our tool – is to install the Mio app and connect your platforms so you can message from one to the other.
So, you can stay in Zoom Chat and message partners, clients, or contractors who prefer to use Microsoft Teams.
There’s no additional interface and you can keep using the app you prefer the most.